Wednesday, October 26, 2011

John Barrowman doubts Captain Jack will return to Dr. Who

Waiting for a reunion? Don't hold your breath.
You want it.

He wants it.

We want it.

But it still may not happen. In fact, John Barrowman, who parlayed a guest appearance on "Dr. Who" into his own series, "Torchdwood," doubts Capt. Jack Harkness will ever return to the show that gave birth to the immortal from the future. As he told David Bentley of The Coventry Telegraph:

"Everybody keeps asking me and if I'm offered I would love to. I think it would be great. There is no plan to do that. No one has come forward. I don't think it'll happen. I'm always open for it, but who knows?"


Ooops - wrong Captain Jack.
Barrowman also told The Daily Record that he would love to be involved in the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who in 2013:
"I think it would be great to be involved with the 50th Anniversary, since Jack was such a big part of the Who world. But, having said that, nothing's been said, so I don't sit and wait. 

"I don't want fans to think that I don't want to do it because I would love to, but if I'm not asked I'm not going to bang down the door—I'll just move onto something else."
Also up in the air - a fifth season of "Torchwood."

1 comment:

  1. I really hope they will let Jack comeback. I hated when they just wrote out the Doctor's other companions like he didn't live those days at all.

    ReplyDelete